I added the blooper "Original Fowl Castle Constructor
Artemis Fowl (book) states the original castle was constructed by Lord Hugo de Folé. The Arctic Incident states that it was constructed by Lord Hugh Fowl.", but it has been removed by AngieD. I would like to know why this was removed. I consider it a blooper, could you please explain why you think it is not. Poststar 00:53, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
I agree, it is still blooper even so small. Definitely should stay on page.
- I'll leave it another couple of days and see if anyone objects. If not, I'll put it back up. Poststar 07:31, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Return that blooper.
- -Tappaja A V 20:05, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- As there were no objections, I have readded the blooper. Poststar 00:09, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
I originally took it off because the two constructors are actually the same person, with they're names given in different languages (the second one is French). It's not really a mistake, but it's not consistent either. What do you think, Poststar?
AngieD 01:52, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, I hadn't thought of that posibility. I think we should leave it in, but add a statement explaining about it/ reword the whole thing to state the inconsistency. This is just so if someone reading the books wants to check, we have an explanation for them. What do you think? (P.S. Angie, moved your talk to the correct section, hope thats ok.) Poststar 20:37, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
LEPretreival 1 Mistake
The following blooper has been added, and as I am not sure if it a blooper I would like to open up discussion about it on this page.
LEPretreival 1 Mistake: Apparently Butler had taken on a Lower Elements Police Retreival Squad(LEPRetrieval 1) and confiscated their fairy technology, but in the first book, Grub Kelp had refused to hand over the equipmend when Butler asked for it.
From memory, Grub did refuse to collect up the LEP equipment. However, when Grub went on his way with a message for command, Butler collected up all of the equipment from the unconscious fairies. This was how he and Artemis got the equipment to make the helmet Butler used to see Holly through her shield.one Butler had.
No, Artemis hotwired Holly's helmet to make the
Does anyone else have any opinions on this? Or has read the first book recently enough to remember? Poststar 19:57, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I did read the book recently the person who did the end bit is right
Why I think we should keep the bloopers page
There are a couple of reasons I think we should keep the bloopers page, along with a couple of changes I think we should make to improve the quality of the page.
1. Every series has bloopers, and I think we should have a page to note them. The bloopers don't lower the quality of the series, and not noting them would almost be like refusing to acknowledge their existance.
2. It gives readers a chance to check up on facts, to see if they recall a mistake or something incorrectly.
3. If this page is deleted, people are likely to just create it again.
Ways to improve the quality of this page:
At the moment, a lot of bloopers are just being added without being double checked or referenced. I propose we have a voting system on this talk page about which bloopers to include. People submit a blooper and the community has one week to vote on whether or not to include it (and on wording etc).
This is just what I think, any other opinions would be welcomed. Poststar 03:18, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
I think we should keep it too. It's entertaining and interesting to note the small mistakes in a series. It also brings us to appreciate how consistent and flawless Eoin Colfer's fairy world actually is.
AngieD 21:19, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Should be kept, I see why it should be deleted, it still has useul information and more bloopers will surely be added as more are found... besides that, I created this page and I did put some work into it, so would be shame that all would go away.
-Tappaja A V
I don't this page should be kept, as most wikis I went on don't have these either.... But then again, each wiki have their own ways of doing things. I just think this is full of unconfirmed bloopers, and since no one appears to want to update this page, and to confirm the bloopers, I say this page should go. JadePhoenix 22:06, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
Fairy Gold Mistake :
It's fairy gold. It's not gold gold, so there's a reason as to why it only weighed one ton.
184.108.40.206 19:06, March 9, 2013 (UTC)