|Artemis Fowl character|
|Job||former LEP Commander|
|First appearance||The Opal Deception|
|Last appearance||The Atlantis Complex|
Commander Ark Sool is an "unusually thin and tall" gnome with a no-nonsense attitude and former commander of LEPrecon. He is the king of "Red Tape" and appears in The Opal Deception, The Lost Colony, and The Atlantis Complex. Sool is also known for being particularly mean to Foaly when the centaur makes suggestions that don't appeal to him.
Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception
In The Opal Deception, he is described as envisioning the LEP as a bunch of loose cannons presided over by a maverick (Julius Root) . He also described Holly Short as "the biggest loose cannon of the bunch". After the death of Commander Root, Sool thought Holly Short had gone rogue and was behind the assassination attempt of Commander Root . Foaly and other LEP officers resented Sool for his rash accusation of Holly's connection in the murder, when in reality, Holly was framed by Opal Koboi.
Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony
Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex
After losing his position as the Commander of the LEPrecon, Ark Sool advertised his service at a bar for criminals called "the Sozzled Parrot". Turnball Root hired him from his prison in Atlantis to take care of his wife and prepare things for Turnball's plot on kidnapping the demon warlock N°1. He was later crushed by a toppling Butler in the ensuing struggle over the Nostremius in the seventh book.
- "Sool was unusually tall and thin for a gnome, like a giraffe in a baboon's skin."
- ―Describing Ark Sool in Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
- "Manners dictated that only a friend refer to another fairy by species, and Sool was no friend of his (Foaly). Or anyone's."
- ―Ark Sool has no friends in Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
- "I've been promoted."
- ―Sool happy with his promotion to Commander in Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
- "Don't get familiar with me, ponyboy. This is not the start of a beautiful relationship."
- ―Sool arguing with Foaly in Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
- "What does Short have to do to convince you she's a traitor? Send you an e-mail?"
- ―Sool arguing with Foaly once again in Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception